Your skin like silk.
So how do you take care of your skin?
Normally we focus all our attention on our face, but….. what about the rest of our body?
Here are some basic steps to have skin like silk:
- Washing: always use a soap suitable for your type of skin to get rid of residues of perspiration, oil, dirt, etc.
- Exfoliation: your skin will grateful for a weekly treatment. You can either do this yourself at home or let yourself be pampered at your favorite beauty salon.
- Hydration: even for oily skin? Yes! All types of skin need to be hydrated – directly after we step out of the shower is the best time.
- Protection: now more than ever our skin is exposed to UV rays, especially if we enjoy the beach, the pool or outdoor sporting activities in the summer. Never leave home without some type of protective cream, there is plenty of choice for every type of skin these days.
If you like to go barefoot around the house and….. show off those lovely summer sandals! then I suggest you also take care of your feet in the same way. Give yourself an exfoliation at home before you take your shower, followed by a good cream to hydrate them when you step out – your feet will be gorgeous!
- Don’t spend too long in the shower, 10 minutes is easily long enough.
- Water should be cold or lukewarm water, but never hot!
- If you have time, let yourself dry naturally without using a towel.
- If you do use a towel, dab yourself gently to get dry.
- Never dry yourself aggressively with the towel – this will only irritate your skin.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Minimize the use of salt in your food.
One more thing. Apart from the external care, you can also can for your skin by following a healthy diet and doing frequent exercise 😉
If you’d like to know more about caring for your skin, a healthy diet, or keeping in shape have a look at these Instagram accounts. If you find yourself in Barcelona or Sant Cugat del Vallès during the summer don’t forget to drop in and say hello!
Enjoy your silky skin!
See you soon, 😉